Sunday 15 May 2011

Just sitting with my W.I.P...and cat



Hello again everyone...hope you're all enjoying yourselves this fine day :o)
As I'm still not feeling too clever (health wise)...I can't stand at my big easel (called Biffy...yes, my easel has a name and I love him!)...I'm sitting an awful lot, which drives me crazy unless I'm doing something...so...I thought I'd show you what I'm up to...(Works In Progress)

I'm not sure how much to change the pusscat yet...I think he needs a white bib...and something doing with his paws, they look like he needs a pedicure!
And his coat is very untamed!
And there's a lot more to do on the cauldron...as you can see from my poor old battered and rusty specimen...the one in the painting needs ageing!
Shame I don't have a lovely stripey cat to pose for me...but I'll have to make do with my imagination there ;o)
I don't like the bottles much either...they look too 'modern' to me so something to change there...
Can you see how hard it is to just enjoy painting?
And don't you just love my painting table?
We actually sit down to eat at this poor old thing...but I am just an old traditional and have to inherit things which I feel sorry for...and cannot ever think of parting with...
Imagine...
You are an old table which has been good to families for over a hundred years, faithfully standing by to aid in their mealtimes and school work, not to mention all of their creative endeavours...
Then along comes this New Chap...all modern and showy with his shiny surface with scratch resistant coat...and they look at him and cry, 'Oh he's so handsome and clean and his legs are so smooth and straight...we must get rid of Old Faithful this instant and invite New Chap into our lives'
Never going to happen!
I love Old Faithful's fat funny legs and his gouges and paint stains...
Okay...so we can't all fit easily on him anymore and he really does need a good sand and re-veneer...but then I wouldn't want to paint on him...so he will have to stay as he is...bumpy, scratched and well loved...
Bit like me really ;o)
And...so my dear friends...I will bid you all adieu...
Now go and tell something old and well-loved that you 'heart' them and I'll see you again soon...:o)


3 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I love your process in the "arting" sense. Do, refine, do somemore. It's a lovely way to get what you want.
As to you and your well loved table.....that's one lucky table. You have such a grand way of personifying things. The only really old things around here are me and the Mr. Oblivious and well I don't want him getting the wrong idea....tee hee
Hope you get on the mend quickly. Goodness you have had the lurgy for far too long. Be well my friend, The Olde Bagg

Urban Angel said...

I hope you can see me and my blog...
to be sure,here' s my URL :
http://hestias-daughter.blogspot.com/

Blessed be

Aletis

Pet sitting Allen said...

You created a great post with excellent information, i learn a lot of stuff from this article.

Pet sitting Allen