Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Cherry Blossom



Before you say it...I know that it's not spring yet!
Like I mentioned in the previous post...I can't create things in the right season...

This little sweetheart is called Cherry Blossom...I wanted to do some work which reflected the "Spirit of the Seasons" and all I could see in my mind for spring were the beautiful Geisha of Japan...so here she is.

She's in the same style as my "Little Witches"...but without the pointy hat!

The Cherry Blossom is always a beautiful sign that winter's heavy gown has changed into spring's delicate dress...which always makes your heart feel lighter...especially if the winter has been a bleak one.

Maybe I should try to imagine those beautiful blooms as I work here in the cold Welsh mountains...in my mind's eye I can see spring, just around the corner...even though, I know, I still have more of winter to come...

Maybe hibernation's not such a bad idea...

5 comments:

Linda in New Mexico said...

I love the cherry blossom girl. So sweet and warm looking. She is darling.
We are expecting more snow/rain for the next 5 days. Sunday was gloriously unseasonably warm and we got some outside jobs done but not now. Too cold, too wet.
Yeah, I like the idea of hibernation. Hey that gives me an idea for a post. Talk to you soon, Linda

Mother's Moon's Message said...

she as always is gorgeous and very fitting..... love her shoes... and the way she points her toe

KassandraMedea said...

she is soooo cute.
i love her.
and my heart is really longing for spring...*sigh*...

ToM KiDDo said...

she's gorgeous...like a geisha :D

James Mayhew said...

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. It's good to know of someone else with wild and crazy bookshelves - I think they breed in the night!

Gabriel doesn't realise how good he is, he takes it all for granted. but I hope when gets older it will make more sense.

And yes... the smell of books, new and old... magical!