Tuesday, 22 September 2009

Lonely Boy


I am working on a set of folk art, children's portraits at the moment.
Each one came into my mind with a desire to tell me about themselves...as art has a different meaning to each person...I don't like to say too much about the reason for creating something...but try to explain a little about why, in the titles.

One of them troubles me a little...it is called "Lonely Boy" I feel there is something in his eyes that he is trying to explain to me but I am not fully understanding him.
As the painting is a very naive style, I can't put too much in the way of detail into his portrait to help me gain an insight into his troubles.

I wonder if the people who see him will connect with him in a different way?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love him!!!! something about his presence!

Oberon's Wood said...

Lisa...
Thank you for your comment...I thought he was going to be a lonely boy forever...everyone else likes the little witches...poor little lad...ah...